Barnsley Youth Choir CIO is a Charitable incorporated organisation (CIO) registered with the Charity Commission and governed by its constitution adopted on 8 January 2015 - Registered Charity No. 1159861.
The objectives of Barnsley Youth Choir CIO are to advance education and training of young people living or educated in Barnsley and the surrounding areas in the subject of music and the performing arts, in particular Choral music.
The Charity will achieve this by:-
- Providing a world-class choral training programme for young people.
- Promoting and supporting musical and choral education to young people regardless of their financial or social background.
- Delivering open-access workshops for young people, Irrespective of their training or experience.
- Financially supporting talented young people to enable them to receive musical education of the highest standard and to achieve their potential.
- The Choir generates its own income through fundraising, subscriptions, concert ticket sales, private sponsorship and donations. Financial controls are in place and are regularly reviewed by the trustees to ensure any monies spent are in line with objectives of Barnsley Youth Choir CIO.
- Previously to becoming a charity Barnsley Youth Choir was a voluntary organisation.